Assembly elections are being held in the month of April in several assemblies along with assembly by-elections for Parliament and some upcoming legislative assemblies.
Before going out to vote, you should check whether your name is listed in the voter list. You can easily check the voter list online so that your name can be entered properly. When you go out to vote, however, it is highly advised that you wear protective masks and strictly abide by social elimination criteria, considering the ongoing coronavirus epidemic.
The Election Commission is conducting assembly elections in Assam, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal this month. Simultaneously, it is conducting by-elections for seven constituencies of Parliament, with by-elections in several constituencies of 19 assemblies in the country.
How to check your name on voter list
If you keep a voter ID card, you should visit the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP) website to check if your name has been properly entered.
- Open the official website and on the home page there will be an option called Search in Electoral Role.
- Clicking on it will open another webpage where you can enter your details.
- The new webpage will show you two ways to check the name in the voter list.
- The first option is searched by the description where you can enter your name, father’s / husband’s name, date of birth and gender of birth. After that, you will enter your state, district and assembly constituency.
- The second option is seach by EPIC number, for which you have to enter your EPIC number and state.
For both options, you must authorize these details on the website by entering a captcha code at the end.
Once done, the webpage should show you your voter registration details.