Netflix’s smart download feature is broadening its horizons with “downloads for you”. Now it can automatically download movies and TV shows that you might like, to help you in situations where you find yourself stuck without internet access or long waits like evening commute In. (Remember that traveling and frozing for work.
Saving time is one of the few things I’m thankful to COV-19 for.) Before that, smart downloads of Netflix automatically track episodes you’ve watched And download the next episode. Said the TV series. But films (or new shows) were out of the question. With downloads for you, Netflix goes one step further.
How to automatically download movies and TV shows on the Netflix app
Naturally, Netflix downloads for you is an opt-in feature that you can turn on within the Netflix app. This feature is only available for Android devices, it is not currently on the iPhone and iPad.
- To get started, just launch the Netflix Android app.
- Then, tap on Download tab.
- There, hit the toggle next to the download for you.
- On the next screen, decide how much storage space you want to dedicate to your download. Netflix says that 3 GB is enough for 12 movies and TV shows.
- Once you make up your mind, tap ON.
- If you change your mind, you can disable the Toggle for You download in the Netflix app forever. Or if you run into storage troubles, you can reduce the amount from Download> Smart Download. Alternatively, if you want more surprises, increase the storage space allocated for you to download. The storage space you reserve for automatic download will not be used by the manual download you initiate in the Netflix app.
“Three years ago, we introduced smart downloads so that you could find the next episode of your favorite show,” wrote Netflix’s Product Innovation in a blog on Netflix. “Now, we want to find your next new favorite series or movie quick and easy, whether you’re connected or not. Today we are launching downloads for you, a new feature that automatically downloads recommended shows or movies on your mobile device based on your taste. ”
Netflix downloads are now available for you globally on Android. It will soon start testing on iOS. If you’re wondering how long it can wait, Netflix’s smart download feature took about seven months to make the leap from Android to iOS.